Tuesday, October 18, 2016

5 Things I've Learned About My Planner Style

In typical me fashion, it has taken me several weeks to catch up to my plans.  I wanted to post each week with before and afters...which I forgot to take for most of my spreads.  Oh well.  Here are the past few weeks #afterthepen (well pencil in my case).






Nothing too fancy, but I like them so far.   #practiceplanner

I thought I'd share some of the things I've learned in the few weeks since I started, because just throwing the planner pictures up just isn't my style 😉

 5 things I have learned so far:

1)  I like using pencil.  I like how my handwriting is better than with pen, and how not permanent it is (because things always change, especially that To Do checklist). 👍

2)  I like using the monthly view and the weekly view.  At first I didn't plan to use the monthly page, but it has really come in handy.  I use it to plan Micah's new food schedule, write down appointments and plans, and keep track of birthdays.  Then I move everything to the weekly view when I'm planning the next week.  Super useful!!🙌

3)  I like a more "white space" planning style.  I like it more than covering the whole page in stickers.  Personally, if I was going to cover it all in stickers I would buy a plain sketchbook to use,  not spend $50+ on a planner.  That's just my thought - you do you and do what makes you happy ☺

4)  I like having a checklist, but not the same one every day.  I like to change them up from the little bar type to the ombre type, oh and the individual dots...yeah I like them all 💕

5)  I like a coordinated month, instead of just a week.  Lots of people like to use a different kit for each week.  I can totally see the draw for that - there are SO MANY adorable kits available!!  I like using the same colors for a month at a time, but using different accent stickers.  I think it helps tie it all together, and since I also like white space it helps keep the cost down.  If I let myself I could easily spend hundreds of dollars on sticker kits - like today, no problem.  #iwantallthestickers

There you go - 5 things I've learned so far on my planner journey.  There's more I'm sure, but I'll save them for another time.  Now I need to go start this week's spread, my goal is to get it up on Instagram today so I'm back on schedule...fingers crossed!

Happy Planning!
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment